Wednesday 5 June 2013

Carved Alien Guitar by Gig Goldstein

I keep coming across some amazing carved guitars and this one is a beauty, I like the control knobs representing the Alien eggs ready to hatch. Here is what the artist Gig Goldstein has to say about his work.

 “I started carving 12 years ago, it started out as chainsaw carvings and progressed in to detailed wildlife carvings and my main subjects at that time were fresh water fish. A guitar player friend of mine asked me if I’d be able to carve a solid body guitar and that’s how I got in to working on guitars. I have a small business carving for art galleries and clients that collect my carvings, the guitar thing is really just a sideline hobby I pursue but its starting to become a larger part of what I do.”

“A detailed carving job can take between 40 to 50 hours to complete, the most difficult stage is in the design of the subject. I try to strive for a flow to the overall carving, I also try to tell a story of some type. The alien guitar is roughly based on the art work of the artist H.R. Giger, the idea I had was to interpret an alien life cycle. My biggest joy from completing a guitar is knowing the person receiving it appreciates it as a one of a kind piece of art that you can play.” – Gig Goldstein

Check out some more of Gig's fantastic carved guitars on his YouTube channel:


5 comments:

  1. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.
    zonetop10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow…outstanding service and products to meet our office needs. I Love all and the colors you choose are perfect. I want this furniture for my new house. Thanks a lot for sharing
    Dressing Table In Chennai With Prices

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can i get one of these left handed guitars?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how can i get one of these left handed guitars? Kim 801-440-9931

    ReplyDelete
  5. please make one of these left handed for me... I will pay your price...

    ReplyDelete