Saturday 1 December 2012

Environmentally Friendly Solstice Tree

This year we are having a Solstice Tree in order to save a tree !!!

I know that sounds like a bit of a contradiction but it isn't. This festive beauty is a heavy section of English Ivy I chopped away from a Sycamore tree on the banks of the Shropshire Union canal. The stuff is rampant in the area and has already felled many trees through strangulation. Blasted clean with a high powered pressure washer then interwoven with a string of warm white LED bulbs it looks far more stunning than these pictures can depict.


The way ivy climbs a tree has always fascinated me, the patterns formed conjures up images of an alien in the film 'Alien' clamped to Sigourney Weavers face.


So perhaps we could start a trend here and save many trees in the process !   :-)


Happy Solstice one and all   :-)

4 comments:

  1. That really does look wonderful. And I love the idea behind it pf saving a tree by removing the ivy - ivy is such a string grower that I can't see it ever being in environmental danger! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Silver Moss, most people go around cutting the Ivy at the base anyway to kill it off, It's such a fast grower I am thinking of other things I can make with it .... watch this space :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow…outstanding service and products to meet our office needs. I Love all and the colors you choose are perfect. I want this furniture for my new house. Thanks a lot for sharing
    Dressing Table In Chennai With Prices

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Ie. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Cheers
    melbourne discounts coupons

    ReplyDelete