Saturday, 24 December 2011

Stuff I Like ~~~ Beds

Just thought I would post a few pictures of other peoples Eco-Friendly Weird Wooden stuff I like. This is the sort of thing that inspires me in my own work. This post I shall dedicate to beds.

These amazing beds are made from juniper a wood I have never had the chance to use myself but the two tone colouring and twisted nature of the stuff I find fascinating, these three pics are just a taster of the amazing pieces which can be found at:

http://www.woodlandcreekfurniture.com



Juniper Bed with Burl Redwood Slabs

These three pictures are beds made by Paul from Free Range Designs, a designer and woodworker living in Wales, making beautiful original furniture from eco-friendly materials while spreading a positive environmental message.

http://www.freerangedesigns.co.uk/




This clever four poster utilizes different thickness's of timber to very good effect, one of the many unique ideas found at:

http://www.captivatist.com



Two more interesting numbers using unconventional wood with a more conventional style of construction to be found at:

http://archdeco.net/decorate/bedroom/how-to-make-amazing-log-beds/



I hope you enjoyed my selection, just some of the many Weird beds I have found. With one third of our lives spent in bed I think it's only right that we should choose an aesthetically pleasing bed to sleep in .

13 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Thanks for following the fledgling blog - hope I can make it as interesting as yours - weird and wonderful - just how I like it!

    Look out for my rather more conventional bench in the blog soon!

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Felicity. I have just been looking at your web site, I love your work it's got real depth, I'm going to add you to my side bar if you don't mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent posting, I located your website browsing aol for a related topic and arrived to this. I couldn't get to much other details on this piece, so it was great to find this one. I will probably end up being back to check out some other posts that you have another time....

    Concrete Contractor Atlanta , Asphalt Sealcoating Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep these in my mind!

    Fort Wayne Concrete Indiana & Epoxy Floor Coatings Fort Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour.

    Crushed Concrete For Sale & Rip Rap Rock in FL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    Roofing Garfield Heights & Roof Cleaning Strongsville

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    Remodeling Fairfax VA & Room Additions Fairfax VA

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    Roofing contractor Parma & Roofing Berea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that I've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

    Glaziers in NW3 - Hampstead & Glaziers in NW4 - Hendon

    ReplyDelete